Monday, November 4, 2013

A New Development

Kindle began a new program this week and I'm very excited about it!  They are allowing authors to put their books on sale.  It will show the original price and have a countdown to when it will jump up.  In addition to that, they will have a page dedicated to books that are on sale so that people can go there and find books at a discount.

My part of it is that I have to be enrolled in KDP Select, and I have to select the higher 70% royalty option.  KDP Select allows my book to be borrowed for free by anyone with a Prime membership, and I get a portion of a fund based on how many authors are enrolled, how many books are borrowed, etc.  I had to increase my price to $2.99 in order to bring my royalty up to the needed level, which I expect to decrease my sales for a little while.  However, I'm hoping that, in the long run, this will help my sales out.  Another advantage to it is that even at the sale price I will still be earning 70%.

I had said that I was anxious to experiment with my pricing and this has given me more things to play with.  I'm really hoping that this can help get the word out about my books as well.  My books are available at the links below.

Best Laid Plans by Courtney Lyman
Smell the Roses by Courtney Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment