Monday, March 10, 2014

A Return

I've mentioned before that I'm often surprised as I'm writing by what's happening.  It seems odd that the author is surprised, but things sometimes go in a way that I did not expect.  Afterwards it seems like the most natural progression and I wonder why I hadn't expected it.

I was working on the third book the other day and a character from a previous book returned.  I had known that they were going to, but I was surprised at the direction it took.  I'm very excited though because I think it's going very well.  I think the best part of writing a series is being able to bring back characters that you were interested in before and check in on them.

Brooke's story is coming along, but slower than I anticipated.  Part of that might be my schedule.  I need to have more of a set time to write instead of making it so hit and miss.  I'm still hoping it to get it done by summer, but my very latest date is to have it published sometime this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.  It's still early in the book and anything can happen!

You may have noticed that I've stopped giving updates on my new year's resolution.  (Or maybe you haven't and that's all right, too!)  I'm not doing so good with my housecleaning.  I got towards the end of January and I'm not really sure what happened.  I think my old habits came back and that was detrimental to my resolution.  However, we're only in the third month of the year so I still have nine months to get my act together.  I'm going to try anyway.

I enjoy hearing from you!  If you have any questions or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment