Monday, August 19, 2013

A Progress Report

I was able to make some really great progress this week!  Unfortunately, it was because I got sick.  I didn't have a whole lot of energy to do my housework, but I could sit in my chair and type.  This allowed me to complete my first draft of the second book!  It's always a nice feeling to get to the end of the book, but it's not quite ready for publication just yet.

The next step is a read through.  I try to read the entire manuscript in a few days.  This way I can pick up inconsistencies that I didn't notice throughout the months of writing.  I usually end up changing some typos and grammatical errors as well as find sentences that need to be changed for clarity.  I'm always a little nervous when I start this step that I'll start reading and think, "This isn't written well at all!  I should just start all over."  However, it's gone very well so far, and I have more the feeling of rereading a well loved book that I have read many times before.

I'm hoping to have the read through completed within the next couple of days which will bring me to the next step.  I will send it to my three favorite editors who have all assured me that they are eager to read through it.  When they are finished and have given me their suggestions, I'll make up my final draft and get the manuscript in the proper format for publication.

It's coming together well, and I'm so excited as each step brings me a little closer to seeing book two published.  If you would like to check out the first book in the series before book two is released, you can click on the link below.

Best Laid Plans by Courtney Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment