Monday, August 12, 2013

On a Roll - sort of

As I'm heading to the end of the book, my writing is coming easily.  I'll start to type and my fingers just fly over the keys.  The characters are getting to the place where I've been driving them for the entire book.  It gets exciting, and I find myself absolutely enthralled with the story.  Sometimes when I'm writing, I have to take a break because I have no idea what should come next, or I stare at a blank screen hoping that something will hit me.  It's not like that right now.  I know exactly where everything is going and it's so much fun to watch it unfold.

Unfortunately, I seem to only be able to snatch little bits and pieces of time to work on it lately.  My fingers will be flying on the keys and then it's time to take my kids somewhere, or put them to bed, or get dinner ready.  Lately I've been lucky to type a page or two before I'm interrupted and have to save and quit.  It so frustrating because I am anticipating the end and wanting to get there, but it's going so slowly!

I'm hoping to be able to make some time this week and get a decent amount done!  I would love to have a large block of time to just sit down and write, but I need to be patient.

Best Laid Plans by Courtney Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment