Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Novellas

During the month of December, I was reading several Christmas novellas.  I love the Christmas season and getting to incorporate that into my reading is so enjoyable.  I also enjoy watching Christmas movies - although I watched most of them after Christmas this year.  One of my favorite authors puts out a new Christmas novel or novella every year along with her other books and I've always wondered how she is able to write so much in a year.

Loving reading, writing and Christmas got me thinking about my own books.  First of all, Brooke's story begins where Georgia's leaves off which means it's autumn.  I'm very excited to have the girls celebrate Christmas in Brooke's story!  I don't know yet whether the book will end at Christmas, I sort of doubt it, but it will definitely be a part of book three.

My other thought is that I would actually like to write a Christmas novella, but it takes me so long to just keep up with my current series.  I'm wondering if I could push through book three a little faster and get a Christmas novella written in time for Christmas.  It's a thought, but it will just depend on how things go with Brooke's story, because that's my priority in writing right now.  If I can get it done by summer instead of fall this year, there's a possibility that I may have time to write a novella before November.  I'll have to see how it goes.  In any case, I will be writing about Christmas soon!

Now, an update on my New Year's resolution.  I've been making out lists and following through with them.  I've been able to clean a lot of my kitchen and some of my dining room.  I'm sure my friends are tired of hearing about each item I've cleaned, but to me it's a big deal!  I've also been able to keep up on dishes (once I caught up on them) and laundry.  It may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but, believe me, this is huge for me!  This week, though, I have my work cut out for me, because, instead of focusing on small areas, I need to do a quick clean of the whole house.  My oldest daughter is turning ten and is having a party this coming weekend which means I need to get busy!

Because of all the cleaning, I really haven't done much writing lately.  I'm going to need to figure out how to keep my resolution and still allow time for writing.  Maybe I need to put writing on my list of things to do for the day!  If I want to push my (self-imposed) deadline and try to get it done sooner, I will definitely have to work it into my daily schedule a bit more than I normally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment