Friday, August 8, 2014

Sent out

I have finished writing Brooke's story!  I wasn't sure how it would flow when I read through it, but I only made minor changes when I went back through it.  I love when I read it over for editing and I forget that I'm the author.  That's when I know it's good.  When it just seems like an old favorite that I'm re-reading, that's a very good thing!  The only thing that reminds me that I am the author is when I stumble on a sentence that makes no sense or some other error and then I have to fix it.  The read through is done now which means that I have sent it on to my editors and am now waiting for their notes to make further editing.  I'm excited and eager to see what they think of it!

I'm going to try to write a Christmas novella this year as well.  I know what I want to write, but I'm going to take at least a few days off from writing.  The reason is that I pretty much put everything on hold while I finished up book three so that I could give my editors plenty of time and still do a September publication.  Which means that my house is in terrible condition.  I have dishes piled up in my sink, laundry piled up both to wash and to fold and just a general mess everywhere.  I need to take some time to get things into some sort of order before I get back to work.  Besides it's nice to take a little time between two stories to let my mind sort of shift gears.  Especially since this one wouldn't be linked to the KW Consulting series and would have all new characters to develop.  My hope is to have it written by October so it can be published around Thanksgiving or the beginning of December.  Since it's a novella, I'm thinking I can accomplish that.

Thank you for your support and encouragement!  I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment