Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Busyness

I haven't written a blog post in a long time.  Not since the beginning of October.  My excuse is simple.  Just pure busyness.  An overused excuse perhaps, but valid.

Soon after my last blog post we went to Disneyland to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday!  It was so much fun with my family, my sister's family, our parents and our dear friend, Meghan.  I brought my computer along.  I thought I might have time to write, but it was no use.  We got up early to get to the park as soon as we could after it opened, stayed until the park closed and fell into an exhausted sleep almost as soon as we got back to our room.  It wasn't a relaxing trip, but we had a blast!

After getting back I focused on finishing up writing my Christmas novella.  I wanted to get it finished by the end of October so that hopefully I could have it edited and published by Thanksgiving.  I wrote in any free moment I had which sometimes did not seem like nearly enough.  My house is evidence that I took moments that weren't really "free" because I should have been doing laundry or dishes, but instead I was writing.  However, I got it finished this week!  I need to go through and do my editing before sending it off to be edited further, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  This is always the exciting part where I can see the fruits of my labors ripening.  Soon they'll be ready for harvest.  (Seems like an appropriate metaphor for fall, doesn't it?)

It's been interesting to see how I can write more quickly with each book.  My first book, Best Laid Plans, took five years for me to write (and is the shortest of all the KW Consulting books by a lot!).  I wrote Smell the Roses in a year and I've written Dress for Success and a Christmas novella this year.  It makes me wonder what I might be capable of doing next year!

Here I am with Ashley and Meghan in front of a "Frozen" backdrop at Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment