Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Starting Again


Every ending is a new beginning. That's certainly not an original thought, but it's true. The end of KW Consulting isn't the end of my journey. I've loved writing about Kate, Georgia, Brooke and now Isabelle. They've each had their own joys and challenges. I believe that they've each helped me progress as a writer as well.They'll always have a special place as my first characters. But it's time to end their stories and move on.

I already know what my next series is going to be and I've even started writing the first book of the next series. Already I'm in love with the new characters, new places, and new stories. My mind is flooded by images of what's going to happen next and I'm so excited about where I know it's going that I have to force myself to slow down. I'm hoping to have the first book completed by the end of this year. I hope that I'm not setting my sights too high and making an unattainable goal, but I think it's doable.

Another change in my life right now is that my youngest child has begun preschool. I'm hoping that this will give me some uninterrupted writing time and help me make my goal. Right now we're still in the "settling in" phase of a life change. My two older children begin school on Thursday and I'm confident that we'll settle into a routine quickly. Once we've all adjusted, I'm sure that I'll be getting some quality writing time in and I'm excited to see how much I can get done in that time.

Although I'm sad to be through with KW Consulting, I'm excited about my new series and I can't wait to share it and see if you guys like it as much as I do! In the meantime, the last book of KW Consulting hasn't been completed quite yet. My sister has finished her edits, but I'm waiting on my mom and Meghan's edits as well. As soon as they're finished, I can complete the last book and get it published on Amazon. I'm still anticipating a September release and it won't be long before I'm revealing the new cover art and the title! By the way, my sister has said that this fourth book was definitely her favorite. I can't wait to hear if others agree with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment