Monday, September 30, 2013

On Sale Now!

"Smell the Roses" is now available for purchase!  You can check it out by clicking the link below.
Smell the Roses by Courtney Lyman

One of the decisions that needs to be made when publishing is how to price the book.  Amazon has two royalty options.  You can either choose to take 35% royalty or 70% royalty.  If you choose the 70%, your book's price has to be set at a minimum of $2.99 and if you choose 35% the minimum sale price is $0.99.

With "Best Laid Plans", I started off using the 70% which meant I had to charge $2.99 and I found that was a little too pricey for people to take a risk on a new author so I dropped my royalty and the price.  After that, I began to see sales again.  This time, I started low, but I'm still going to play around with the price a little bit.  I'm going to keep it low for a couple months to give those of you have been such a great support to me a little thank you.  After all, I know you are the ones who purchase the book as soon as it's available and I really appreciate that!  In a couple months, I'll raise the price and see what happens.  I may end up having to drop the price back down, but I'm interested to experiment with this process a bit.

I hope that you enjoy "Smell the Roses".  Thank you so much for your support!  It means so much to me!

2 comments:

  1. Just finished reading Smell the Roses and can't wait for Brooke's story. Absolutely loved the two scenes with Mark in his old shirt and faded jeans the two characters different reactions was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess I'd better to get to work and get the next book done! :)

      Delete