Monday, September 23, 2013

Waiting . . .

I purposefully didn't write a blog entry last week, because, honestly, I had nothing to say.  This part of the process, I'm basically just waiting.  I don't really have a whole lot to do while my editors are busily revising my book.

However, I have received some notes over the weekend and I am back to work this week.  I am correcting my manuscript again with a different editor's notes.  I highly recommend having multiple editors when someone writes without the help of a publishing firm and/or professional editors.  One person may miss mistakes, but, hopefully, a second person will catch what they missed.  Another thing with having more than one editor is that one person may think a portion reads just fine and another thinks it's confusing.  It's helpful to have so many eyes checking things before it heads to publication.

After I've gone through the notes and made the corrections, I will begin formatting.  I anticipate having the book published by September 30th at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment