Monday, September 2, 2013

Quick update

In my last post, I mentioned that I have sent my book on to my editors.  I have received some good feedback so far.  I'm still waiting for their final suggestions so that I can make corrections, but I'm excited about what I'm hearing from them.

I have also ordered my cover art and am waiting to see the new artwork.  Cover art is so important because even though we say "don't judge a book by it's cover" most people decide if they're going to buy a book within eight seconds of seeing the cover.  It's possible to do your own cover art, but since I have no knowledge of how to design my own cover art and there are places where you can get into trouble if you use images that are copyrighted, I decided with my first book to use a professional.  If you do an online search, you can find so many different options.  Some are extremely expensive and others are more affordable.  Some have a more professional feel than others.  I decided to go with Killer Covers for my first book as a nice middle of the road option.  They were somewhat reasonable and their sample covers were very well done.  I was very happy with their work with the first book.  It was exactly what I was thinking of.  I've sent them the information for the second book.  Hopefully, I will be able to give you a look at the new cover by next week!

Everything is coming together and I'm hoping to have the second book available for purchase this month!

Best Laid Plans by Courtney Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment